Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lunch Date!

mac&cheese muscle car!
N & I managed to make it out of the house on time this morning and headed to the park for Stroller Strides.  After a nice workout from Kate and a romp on the playground, a few of us decided to head to Stone Mill Bakery for lunch (the term lunch should be used loosely, as we headed there around 10:45am!).  We found a great spot in the back, with a boat load of toys for the kiddos, and settled in for some meal time fun!  N took a major liking to this lime green, muscle-hooptie car that was there and I let him have it on the table next to him while he ate.  Now N has never been a great eater.  He is pretty picky and pretty much rejects anything unless there is cheese on it.  So you can imagine my surprise when I saw him calmly sit in his high-chair, taking bites of mac & cheese and a pb&j.  He was doing so well that I actually had time to inhale my own lunch.  I have found that ever since I had N, I tend to eat every meal at a lightning pace.  I think it stems back to when he was a newborn and, undoubtedly, every time we sat down for dinner, N would wake up to be fed!  So I trained myself to scarf down my meals whenever I had the chance. 
After a few minutes, I noticed N had finished all his food!  I even checked the ground for fly-aways and it was clear.  Fantastic, I thought!!  So I let him get down from the table, the whole time telling him what a great lunch he had.  But then I saw the toy car on the table.  He had managed to stuff the car with mac & cheese shells!  I showed it to my gfs and we all started laughing hysterically!  The picture above does not do it justice-yes, those orange things inside the car are mac&cheese shells!  Maybe another mom would have been mad but my ornery little stink bug just cracks me up when he does stuff like that!  As he gets older, I find myself more and more amused with his hijincks.  Granted I was NOT amused that he decided to squirt his ella's broccoli/peas/pears (baby food in a squeeze pouch-the only way he eats veggies) all over the walls and the dog at dinner tonight.  I guess toddlers are always keeping us on our toes!  All in all, today was a great lunch date with good friends, a nice break from the ordinary for the moms & kids!  Especially since the ordinary for this mom seems to involve cleaning green baby food off walls :p

No comments:

Post a Comment